The last avalanche forecast for the 2018/2019 season was posted on Sunday April 21st. Thank you to all who have supported the avalanche center through volunteer hours, field observations, and financial support.
Win cool prizes by submitting observations!
We are having an observation contest. Prizes will go to the people who earn the most points with their obs. The more data we have the better our forecasts and information can be. Sharing your observations with us will help! Observations can be simple or detailed. We just want to know what you are seeing out there. Prizes will go to the people who earn the most points with their obs. The scoring system is simple:
- 0 - Observations does not hold any value
- 1 - Observation with some value is submitted
- 2 - Observation is submitted in time to be used in the next morning's forecast (before 5 am the following day)
- 3 - Observation has appropriate details and media and is submitted in time to be used in the next morning's forecast (before 5 am the following day)
The prizes are as follows:
- 1st Place Male and Female - Gift certificates good for any Voile skis or Splitboard
- 2nd Place Female - Choice of Mammut Mittellegi Jacket, Women's L or two BCA Link Radios.
- 2nd Place Male - Mammut Pro 35L airbag backpack, supplied without airbag system and cartridge.
- 2 Raffle Prizes of SAC swag - to enter the raffle you just have to submit an observation worth at least 1 point.
The contest will include any obs submitted between February 12, 2019, to April 15, 2019.