Avalanche Course Scholarships
Thanks to the generous support of all of our donors and the Women of the Squaw Valley-Alpine Meadows Ski Patrol, the Sierra Avalanche Center was able to help provide over $10,000 in scholarships for avalanche education this year. This program is focused on providing financial assistance to at-risk backcountry users who can not afford formal avalanche education. This program has proven to be a crucial part of our greater mission to help create a safer backcountry community.
Unfortunately, at this time we have distributed all of the scholarship funds for the 2017-2018 winter season and can no longer accept applications. The application process will reopen on Oct. 1st, and run until December 1st, 2018. At that time we will award the scholarship winners for the 2018-2019 season.
The scholarship is 100% funded through the generosity of our community. We rely on donations like yours to help us fund not only our forecast but also our community outreach and scholarship program. If you have the means please consider donating to the avalanche center and funding a safer backcountry community for years to come.
For more information please email email@example.com
- Homewood Lift Tickets | 02/21/2018 to 04/16/2018 | $55
- Diamond Peak Lift Tickets | 02/27/2018 to 04/16/2018 | $55
- Motorized Level 1: March 2, 3, 4 in Incline Village | 03/02/2018 to 03/04/2018 |
- Roses are Rad Winter Film Festival | 03/09/2018 |
- Luggi Foeger Uphill Downhill SkiMo Race & Festival | 03/30/2018 to 04/01/2018 |
- 1 of 2
- next ›