The last avalanche forecast for the 2019-2020 season posted on May 3rd. Thank you to everyone who supported the avalanche center this past season with volunteer hours, donations, and/or avalanche, snowpack, and weather observations. These contributions are crucial to avalanche center operations.
Backcountry Ski Maps ~ SAC Fundraiser
01/17/2020 to 01/31/2020
Backcountry Ski Maps is graciously donating 20% of sales to SAC through the end of the month!
Their Tahoe-specific ski touring field guides get you comprehensive local beta in the palm of your hand, with everything from local classics to rarely skied steeps.
- With four maps of different zones around Lake Tahoe, you can find the best terrain regardless of where you ski around the lake.
- Maps are available in both paper and GPS-enabled digital format, so you can get home safely no matter the conditions.
- Backcountry Ski Maps are easy to read, with route descriptions and photos to get you straight to the goods
- Maps for Mammoth and other zones in the Rockies and Northeast coming soon.
- Always heed the avalanche advisory and practice safe travel techniques.