The last forecast for the 2022-2023 season was posted on April 30th. Thanks to everyone who supported the Sierra Avalanche Center this season by submitting observations, assisting with education, volunteering, and/or donating.
State of the Snowpack for 11/28/2020 - 12/4/2020
Submitted by andy on Fri, 12/04/2020 - 15:22
Dates of the Week:
11/28/2020 to 12/4/2020
- 1-2' supportable snowpack on northerly aspects above 8600' in the Mt. Rose area and 7000' along the northern Sierra Crest and above 8000' along the southern Sierra Crest
- No reactive weak layers present
- Near-surface facets and a weakening snowpack could become a future issue when the next storm arrives
- Mostly clear with cold nights and sunny days with some above-normal daytime highs on most days
- One minor cold front with no precip but some strong NE wind events on Nov. 30 and Dec. 1. No significant snow transport.