State of the Snowpack for 1/22/2022 - 1/28/2022
Submitted by andy on Sat, 01/29/2022 - 16:36
Dates of the Week:
1/22/2022 to 1/28/2022
- Near surface facets developing on the snow surface in some areas.
- Deep and well consolidated snowpack below the surface.
- Melt/freeze conditions on southerly aspects. Variable surfaces on other aspects including firm crusts, breakable crusts, wind-hammered areas, and some pockets of unconsolidated snow on crusts.
- NE winds for most of the week. Calm on 1/28.
- Cold and clear 1/22, 1/25, 1/27
- Warmer than normal on 1/23, 1/24, 1/26, 1/28
- Mostly clear all week.