It is with great enthusiasm that we announce the search for the next Executive Director to lead Sierra Avalanche Center! Click here to view the full job posting.
Week in Review for 11/11/2017 - 11/17/2017
Submitted by steve on Sun, 11/19/2017 - 14:56
Dates of the Week:
11/11/2017 to 11/17/2017
General Snowpack Structure:
- Basal facets in the Mt. Rose area continue to gain strength in most locations.
- Graupel and small faceted grains have been observed near a rain crust within the upper snowpack and near the surface- mainly along the Sierra Crest (Carson Pass and West Shore).
- At 8000', 2' of supportable snow exists. Above 8500', 3'+ of supportable snow exists.
- Strong AR storm system on 11/15-11/16
- Rain up to 9000'
- 3'+ of storm snow above 8500'
- Gale force SW winds