The last avalanche forecast for the 2019-2020 season posted on May 3rd. Thank you to everyone who supported the avalanche center this past season with volunteer hours, donations, and/or avalanche, snowpack, and weather observations. These contributions are crucial to avalanche center operations.
Week in Review for 2/10/2018 - 2/16/2018
Submitted by andy on Sun, 02/18/2018 - 07:26
Dates of the Week:
2/10/2018 to 2/16/2018
General Snowpack Structure:
- Minor new snow amounts on surface assimilated into pack or scoured away by wind.
- Shallow snowpack on all but northerly aspects. Melt-freeze conditions on E-SE-S-SW-W aspects where snow cover exists.
- Well-consolidated snowpack on NW-N-NE aspects with soft snow lingering on untracked sheltered N aspects and a mix of wind scoured surfaces and breakable crusts on more exposed northerly aspects.
- High pressure last weekend
- Small cold storm on Sunday night to Monday. 1 to 2 inches of snow most areas with up to 4 in isolated areas.
- Mostly sunny and dry weather the rest of the week with some wind.