In partnership with:
Week in Review for 3/10/2018 - 3/16/2018
Submitted by andy on Sat, 03/17/2018 - 07:44
Dates of the Week:
3/10/2018 to 3/16/2018
United States39° 18' 49.842" N, 119° 54' 49.7448" W
See map: Google Maps
- Wind Slabs - Reported avalanches - Numerous natural and human triggered on March 16
- Storm Slabs - Reported avalanches - Numerous natural and human triggered on March 16
- Deep Slabs - Reported avalanches - 0 Reported
- Loose Wet - Reported avalanches - Minor loose wet reported
- PWL gains strength most evidence points to layer going dormant with a few outliers
- Slab above PWL continues to consolidate
- Added rain crusts to snowpack above the snow from the beginning of March.
- Friday adds storm snow and wind slabs to snowpack above the rain crust.
- Weak warm storm with little precip passes through the area on Sat-Sun
- Warming and clearing Mon
- Significant storm on Tuesday-Wed. Starting with rain up to at least 9200 probably higher. Ending with 15 to 22 inches of snow by Thursday morning
- Small break in the weather on Thursday morning before another significant storm starts Thursday afternoon and runs through Sat. (28 to 50 inches of new snow)
- Strong to gale force SW winds during the storms.