The 142nd and final avalanche advisory for the 2017/2018 season was published on April 22nd. Thank you to all who have supported the avalanche center through volunteer hours, field observations, and financial support.
Week in Review for 1/27/2018 - 2/2/2018
Submitted by andy on Fri, 02/02/2018 - 09:48
Dates of the Week:
1/27/2018 to 2/2/2018
- Persistent slab - Reported avalanches - 0 Reported
- Wind slab - Reported avalanches - 1 human-triggered, possibly some natural activity. Both from Saturday.
- Loose Wet - Reported activity - Small roller balls and pinwheels reported throughout the week. More widespread last weekend and early this week.
General Snowpack Structure:
- Buried PWL's showing signs of rounding and consolidating in most areas
- Surface conditions changing from cold winter snow last weekend to variable surface conditions ranging from wet snow to breakable crusts to some patches of lingering unconsolidated snow by the end of the week.
- High pressure with some cloud cover and wind early in the week