In partnership with:
State of the Snowpack for 11/24/2018 - 11/30/2018
Submitted by brandon on Sat, 12/01/2018 - 06:41
Dates of the Week:
11/24/2018 to 11/30/2018
- Wind slab - Reported avalanches (0 natural, 1 human triggered)
- Storm slab - Reported avalanches (0 natural, 1 human triggered)
- A well consolidated snowpack with instability limited to new snow avalanche problems.
- Existing snowpack is supportable with good coverage along the Sierra Crest above 7,500'. Less coverage at low elevations and to the east along the Carson Range at all elevations.
- High pressure early in the week
- Storm cycle Tuesday - Thursday
- Strong SW winds