The last avalanche forecast for the 2018/2019 season was posted on Sunday April 21st. Thank you to all who have supported the avalanche center through volunteer hours, field observations, and financial support.
State of the Snowpack for 2/2/2019 - 2/8/2019
Submitted by steve on Fri, 02/08/2019 - 15:48
Dates of the Week:
2/2/2019 to 2/8/2019
General Snowpack Structure:
- Mid winter snowpack 3 to 5m deep
- Recent storm snow came in warm to cold and mostly "right side up"
- Feb 2- Feb 5 storm cycle deposited 4 to 6' + of snow in most areas above 7000'
- Cold below average tempertures
- Strong to gale force SW winds during storm with moderate post storm NW-NE winds