The last avalanche forecast for the 2019-2020 season posted on May 3rd. Thank you to everyone who supported the avalanche center this past season with volunteer hours, donations, and/or avalanche, snowpack, and weather observations. These contributions are crucial to avalanche center operations.
State of the Snowpack for 2/2/2019 - 2/8/2019
Submitted by steve on Fri, 02/08/2019 - 15:48
Dates of the Week:
2/2/2019 to 2/8/2019
General Snowpack Structure:
- Mid winter snowpack 3 to 5m deep
- Recent storm snow came in warm to cold and mostly "right side up"
- Feb 2- Feb 5 storm cycle deposited 4 to 6' + of snow in most areas above 7000'
- Cold below average tempertures
- Strong to gale force SW winds during storm with moderate post storm NW-NE winds