It is with great enthusiasm that we announce the search for the next Executive Director to lead Sierra Avalanche Center! Click here to view the full job posting.
State of the Snowpack for 2/2/2019 - 2/8/2019
Submitted by steve on Fri, 02/08/2019 - 15:48
Dates of the Week:
2/2/2019 to 2/8/2019
General Snowpack Structure:
- Mid winter snowpack 3 to 5m deep
- Recent storm snow came in warm to cold and mostly "right side up"
- Feb 2- Feb 5 storm cycle deposited 4 to 6' + of snow in most areas above 7000'
- Cold below average tempertures
- Strong to gale force SW winds during storm with moderate post storm NW-NE winds