The last avalanche forecast for the 2019-2020 season posted on May 3rd. Thank you to everyone who supported the avalanche center this past season with volunteer hours, donations, and/or avalanche, snowpack, and weather observations. These contributions are crucial to avalanche center operations.
State of the Snowpack for 2/16/2019 - 2/22/2019
Submitted by steve on Fri, 02/22/2019 - 15:42
Dates of the Week:
2/16/2019 to 2/22/2019
General Snowpack Structure:
- Deep, right side up snowpack.
- Feb 14 rain crust now buried 2-4' deep. Snowpack tests have shown no signs of weakness.
- Cold storm cycle continued with heavy snow tapering off to snow showers last weekend.
- Cold temperatures 10-20 degrees below normal.
- Strong to gale force SW winds shifting to moderate to strong NE winds