The last avalanche forecast for the 2018/2019 season was posted on Sunday April 21st. Thank you to all who have supported the avalanche center through volunteer hours, field observations, and financial support.
State of the Snowpack for 2/16/2019 - 2/22/2019
Submitted by steve on Fri, 02/22/2019 - 15:42
Dates of the Week:
2/16/2019 to 2/22/2019
General Snowpack Structure:
- Deep, right side up snowpack.
- Feb 14 rain crust now buried 2-4' deep. Snowpack tests have shown no signs of weakness.
- Cold storm cycle continued with heavy snow tapering off to snow showers last weekend.
- Cold temperatures 10-20 degrees below normal.
- Strong to gale force SW winds shifting to moderate to strong NE winds