It is with great enthusiasm that we announce the search for the next Executive Director to lead Sierra Avalanche Center! Click here to view the full job posting.
State of the Snowpack for 2/16/2019 - 2/22/2019
Submitted by steve on Fri, 02/22/2019 - 15:42
Dates of the Week:
2/16/2019 to 2/22/2019
General Snowpack Structure:
- Deep, right side up snowpack.
- Feb 14 rain crust now buried 2-4' deep. Snowpack tests have shown no signs of weakness.
- Cold storm cycle continued with heavy snow tapering off to snow showers last weekend.
- Cold temperatures 10-20 degrees below normal.
- Strong to gale force SW winds shifting to moderate to strong NE winds