In partnership with:
State of the Snowpack for 4/13/2019 - 4/19/2019
Submitted by andy on Fri, 04/19/2019 - 13:33
Dates of the Week:
4/13/2019 to 4/19/2019
Castle Peak/Donner Summit Snowpark
United States39° 20' 24.8928" N, 120° 20' 36.4848" W
See map: Google Maps
- Loose Wet - Reported avalanches (numerous human-triggered, numerous natural)
- Wind slab - Reported avalanches (none)
- Mostly melt/freeze conditions with a period of new snow transitioning to wet snow after the small storm.
- Snowpack below the wet snow generally deep and well consolidated.
- Lots of sunshine and well above normal temperatures for most of the week.
- One small spring storm Monday night with limited new snow accumulation.