State of the Snowpack for 1/25/2020 - 1/31/2020
Submitted by andy on Fri, 01/31/2020 - 16:41
Dates of the Week:
1/25/2020 to 1/31/2020
- New snow and rain pushed the Jan 4 layer deeper and it started to round and gain strength. Data indicates it is no longer problematic.
- The snow surface was a mix of wind affected surfaces and melt-freeze / rain crusts by the end of the week. Warming during the rain events and the sunny warm weather on Fri. left wet snow on the surface those days.
- Warm to cold storm Sat. night through Sun. with rain up to 8500 at the start and snow down to below 7000 ft. on Sun.
- Unforecasted light rain on Mon. and Thurs.
- Strong SW winds Sat - Wed. NE winds Wed - Thurs.
- Warm, sunny and calm on Fri.