It is with great enthusiasm that we announce the search for the next Executive Director to lead Sierra Avalanche Center! Click here to view the full job posting.
State of the Snowpack for 1/25/2020 - 1/31/2020
Submitted by andy on Fri, 01/31/2020 - 16:41
Dates of the Week:
1/25/2020 to 1/31/2020
General Snowpack Structure:
- New snow and rain pushed the Jan 4 layer deeper and it started to round and gain strength. Data indicates it is no longer problematic.
- The snow surface was a mix of wind affected surfaces and melt-freeze / rain crusts by the end of the week. Warming during the rain events and the sunny warm weather on Fri. left wet snow on the surface those days.
- Warm to cold storm Sat. night through Sun. with rain up to 8500 at the start and snow down to below 7000 ft. on Sun.
- Unforecasted light rain on Mon. and Thurs.
- Strong SW winds Sat - Wed. NE winds Wed - Thurs.
- Warm, sunny and calm on Fri.