The last avalanche forecast for this season will be published on April 18. Thank you to all who have supported this avalanche center through volunteer hours, snowpack/avalanche observations, and financial contributions.
State of the Snowpack for 11/14/2020 - 11/20/2020
Submitted by andy on Fri, 11/20/2020 - 15:58
Dates of the Week:
11/14/2020 to 11/20/2020
General Snowpack Structure:
- Soft surface snow on top of dense storm in areas without previous snow cover.
- Soft surface snow on top of dense storm snow on top of a persistent weak layer on NW-N-NE aspects on upper elevation near and below treeline terrain where the early November snow did not melt or blow away.
- Snowpack shows signs of consolidating by the end of the week.
- First large winter storm of the season on Nov 17-18. ~15-24 inches of heavy snow at upper elevations with rain at lower elevations. Gale force SW winds
- The end of the week brought clear calm and weather back with sunny days and cold nights.