State of the Snowpack for 12/5/2020 - 12/11/2020
Submitted by steve on Fri, 12/11/2020 - 13:39
Dates of the Week:
12/5/2020 to 12/11/2020
General Snowpack Structure:
- 1-2' of mostly supportable snowpack on northerly aspects above 8600' in the Mt. Rose area and 7000' along the northern Sierra Crest and above 8000' along the southern Sierra Crest
- The faceting process has continued with a generally weak, shallow, and variable snowpack. Multiple areas now showing unsupportable snow conditions as the snowpack continues to facet.
- Most future concerns exist with the weak near surface facets, but some areas showing multiple weaknesses in the shallow faceted snowpack.
- Mostly clear, cold nights with sunny days
- Strong to gale force NE wind event and moderate to strong SW winds
- No precipitation