The last avalanche forecast for this season will be published on April 18. Thank you to all who have supported this avalanche center through volunteer hours, snowpack/avalanche observations, and financial contributions.
State of the Snowpack for 2/6/2021 - 2/12/2021
Submitted by andy on Fri, 02/12/2021 - 17:12
Dates of the Week:
2/6/2021 to 2/12/2021
General Snowpack Structure:
- Storm snow from 2/11 did not bond well to old snow surfaces.
- Variable snow and crusts on the surface prior to the 2/11 storm.
- Late January storm snow gaining strength.
- Old deep weak layers including Jan 22 crust/facet combo and Dec 11 facets gaining strength but some isolated unstable test results still occurred in isolated areas where snowpack was shallow.
- NE wind event on 2/6/21
- Clear weather through 2/8/21
- Light snow and rain event on 2/9/21
- Storm with 1+ ft. of snow and W/SW winds overnight on 2/11/21