The last avalanche forecast for this season will be published on April 18. Thank you to all who have supported this avalanche center through volunteer hours, snowpack/avalanche observations, and financial contributions.
State of the Snowpack for 3/20/2021 - 3/26/2021
Submitted by andy on Fri, 03/26/2021 - 14:25
Dates of the Week:
3/20/2021 to 3/26/2021
General Snowpack Structure:
- Scoured and wind-affected surfaces exist on the N-NE-E aspects and thin melt-freeze crusts on top of recent snow exists on southerly aspects. Hard wind-packed snow exists on upper elevation aspects loaded by the NE winds.
- The mid and lower snowpack is well consolidated.
- Thin snowpack exists on southerly aspects and below 7000'
- Small snowstorm with SW winds 3/19-3/20
- NE wind event on 3/21
- Light snow with SW winds on 3/22
- Gale force NE wind event 3/24
- A mostly dry cold front with SW winds on 3/25
- Warming with NE winds on 3/26