State of the Snowpack for 4/3/2021 - 4/9/2021
Submitted by andy on Fri, 04/09/2021 - 12:30
Dates of the Week:
4/3/2021 to 4/9/2021
- Melt freeze crusts have developed on most E-SE-S-SW-W aspects at all elevations. Transitional snow, wind-scoured surfaces, and crusts exist on most on NW-N-NE aspects.
- Poor to non-existent snow coverage exists on many S aspects with adequate snow coverage on most other aspects.
- Significant melting occurred this week.
- Mostly sunny and clear with periods of below-freezing overnight temperatures and times with mountain inversions and warm overnight temperatures at higher elevations.
- Persistent SW winds especially during the afternoons.
- Some unsettled weather with a trace of precipitation on Monday.