The last avalanche forecast for this season will be published on April 18. Thank you to all who have supported this avalanche center through volunteer hours, snowpack/avalanche observations, and financial contributions.
State of the Snowpack for 4/10/2021 - 4/16/2021
Submitted by andy on Sat, 04/17/2021 - 07:22
Dates of the Week:
4/10/2021 to 4/16/2021
General Snowpack Structure:
- Melt-freeze conditions existed on all aspects prior to the mid-week spring storm. After the storm, the storm snow became a layer of transitional snow on E-SE-S-SW-W aspects and colder snow capped by breakable crusts on NW-N-NE aspects.
- Poor to non-existent snow coverage exists on many S aspects with adequate snow coverage on most other aspects.
- Spring melting continues. Many more areas of bare ground are now exposed.
- Warm sunny spring weather early in the week.
- Spring storm on Tuesday night into Wednesday with snowfall amounts that varied from less than an inch in some places to 10-12 inches in the Mt Rose area.
- Sunny spring weather for the end of the week.