The last forecast for the 2022-2023 season was posted on April 30th. Thanks to everyone who supported the Sierra Avalanche Center this season by submitting observations, assisting with education, volunteering, and/or donating.
State of the Snowpack for 1/8/2022 - 1/14/2022
Submitted by andy on Fri, 01/14/2022 - 08:57
Dates of the Week:
1/8/2022 to 1/14/2022
- Deep and well consolidated snowpack below the surface.
- Melt/freeze conditions on southerly aspects. Variable surfaces on other aspects including firm crusts, breakable crusts, wind-hammered areas, and some pockets of unconsolidated snow on crusts.
- High pressure with above average temperatures and inversion conditions through 1/13/22
- Weak dry cold front on 1/13/22-1/14/22
- Strong SW winds on 1/13/22
- Strong NE-E winds on 1/14/22