State of the Snowpack for 1/15/2022 - 1/21/2022
Submitted by andy on Fri, 01/21/2022 - 10:45
Dates of the Week:
1/15/2022 to 1/21/2022
- Near surface facets developing on the snow surface in some areas.
- Deep and well consolidated snowpack below the surface.
- Melt/freeze conditions on southerly aspects. Variable surfaces on other aspects including firm crusts, breakable crusts, wind-hammered areas, and some pockets of unconsolidated snow on crusts.
- Warmer than normal temperatures with some cloud cover and variable winds on 1/15-1/17
- Sunny, warm, and calm 1/18
- NE winds on 1/19 with clear skies
- Sunny, warm, and calm 1/20
- Cold and clear with strong NE winds on 1/21