State of the Snowpack for 1/29/2022 - 2/4/2022
Submitted by andy on Fri, 02/04/2022 - 14:57
Dates of the Week:
1/29/2022 to 2/4/2022
General Snowpack Structure:
- Near surface facets developing on the snow surface in some areas.
- Deep and well consolidated snowpack below the surface.
- Melt/freeze conditions on southerly aspects. Variable surfaces on other aspects including firm crusts, breakable crusts, wind-hammered areas, and some pockets of unconsolidated snow on crusts. Many southerly aspects in the southern half of the forecast area are starting to melt out.
- NE winds 1/29 and 1/31-2/4. Gale force NE wind event on 2/1-2/2 with gusts up to 144 mph.
- Cold temperatures 2/1-2/3
- Warmer than normal on 1/29-1/31
- Mostly sunny all week.