State of the Snowpack for 2/12/2022 - 2/18/2022
Submitted by brandon on Fri, 02/18/2022 - 14:53
Dates of the Week:
2/12/2022 to 2/18/2022
- Well established melt-freeze on solar aspects.
- Near surface facets in upper snowpack on wind protected and semi wind protected NW-N-NE aspects
- Near surface facets buried under shallow new snow and in very isolated locations by wind slab.
- Mid and basal snowpack strong and well consolidated on northerly aspects.
- Increasing amounts of bare ground on southerly aspects.
- Cold front passage mid week.
- 2 to 6 inches of new snow
- Gale force NE winds following the cold front.
- Warming late in the week.