State of the Snowpack for 3/19/2022 - 3/25/2022
Submitted by brandon on Sat, 03/26/2022 - 06:28
Dates of the Week:
3/19/2022 to 3/25/2022
- Generally well consolidated with recent new snow lingering on the surface prior to the warming event beginning March 21.
- Lingering isolated pockets of Feb 14 facets in shaded areas on NW-N-NE aspects 6 to 12 inches below the snow surface.
- Melt water reached the Feb 14 facets during the warm spell with propagating snowpit test results observed.
- Small storm event March 19 brought up to 5 inches of new snow.
- Substantial warming event beginning March 21. Record to near record daytime temps and poor overnight refreeze conditions.