The last forecast for the 2022-2023 season was posted on April 30th. Thanks to everyone who supported the Sierra Avalanche Center this season by submitting observations, assisting with education, volunteering, and/or donating.
State of the Snowpack for 4/2/2022 - 4/8/2022
Submitted by steve on Fri, 04/08/2022 - 13:49
Dates of the Week:
4/2/2022 to 4/8/2022
- Increasing melt out continuing on all aspects and elevations, especially below 7500'.
- Decent to strong overnight snow surface refreezes with 6 to 8'' melt freeze crusts.
- Radiational cooling with clear skies overnight provided some snow surface refreeze late in the week.
- Open creeks and running water exist throughout the forecast region
- High pressure throughout the week with mostly sunny and warm conditions
- Below freezing overnight temperatures early in the week with warmer overnight lows at the end of the week.
- End of the week, high temperatures 15-20 degrees above average.