It is with great enthusiasm that we announce the search for the next Executive Director to lead Sierra Avalanche Center! Click here to view the full job posting.
Week in Review for 12/1/2017 - 12/8/2017
Submitted by brandon on Fri, 12/08/2017 - 14:16
Dates of the Week:
12/1/2017 to 12/8/2017
General Snowpack Structure:
- Hard wind slabs of variable thickness on top of older near surface facets near and above treeline interspersed with scoured areas. Wind slabs most prominent on NW aspects.
- Wind scoured surfaces in areas exposed to NE wind events.
- Lingering unconsolidated storm snow in areas of shade and NE wind protection.
- Some areas of well developed near surface facets remain near the snow surface on northerly aspects.
- Melt-freeze surface conditions on solar aspects.
- Storm event on Dec 2-3
- Very strong high pressure building since storm event.
- Gale force NE winds on Dec 4-5