We will publish our last avalanche forecast for the 2018/2019 season on Sunday April 21st. Thank you to all who have supported the avalanche center through volunteer hours, field observations, and financial support.
Week in Review for 12/1/2017 - 12/8/2017
Submitted by brandon on Fri, 12/08/2017 - 14:16
Dates of the Week:
12/1/2017 to 12/8/2017
General Snowpack Structure:
- Hard wind slabs of variable thickness on top of older near surface facets near and above treeline interspersed with scoured areas. Wind slabs most prominent on NW aspects.
- Wind scoured surfaces in areas exposed to NE wind events.
- Lingering unconsolidated storm snow in areas of shade and NE wind protection.
- Some areas of well developed near surface facets remain near the snow surface on northerly aspects.
- Melt-freeze surface conditions on solar aspects.
- Storm event on Dec 2-3
- Very strong high pressure building since storm event.
- Gale force NE winds on Dec 4-5