The last avalanche forecast for the 2019-2020 season posted on May 3rd. Thank you to everyone who supported the avalanche center this past season with volunteer hours, donations, and/or avalanche, snowpack, and weather observations. These contributions are crucial to avalanche center operations.
Week in Review for 1/27/2018 - 2/2/2018
Submitted by andy on Fri, 02/02/2018 - 09:48
Dates of the Week:
1/27/2018 to 2/2/2018
- Persistent slab - Reported avalanches - 0 Reported
- Wind slab - Reported avalanches - 1 human-triggered, possibly some natural activity. Both from Saturday.
- Loose Wet - Reported activity - Small roller balls and pinwheels reported throughout the week. More widespread last weekend and early this week.
General Snowpack Structure:
- Buried PWL's showing signs of rounding and consolidating in most areas
- Surface conditions changing from cold winter snow last weekend to variable surface conditions ranging from wet snow to breakable crusts to some patches of lingering unconsolidated snow by the end of the week.
- High pressure with some cloud cover and wind early in the week